October 7-31, 2020
Our patch will open on Wednesday, October 7
from 4:00-8:00 pm !!!
(We apologize for any convenience regarding the opening of the patch.
We received word the afternoon of Saturday, October 3,
that we would not receive the pumpkins until the evening of October 6.
We appreciate your understanding and support of the patch
as we continue to strive to support various charities. Thank you!)
SUNDAYS thru FRIDAYS 4 PM - 8 PM
SATURDAYS 10 AM - 8 PM
We thank you for your understanding as we
provide a safe experience for everyone involved
SEE THE "CHANGES TO THE PATCH THIS YEAR" BELOW.
WHY DO WE HAVE A PUMPKIN PATCH?
The pumpkins arrive on Tuesday, October 6 and we will open our patch on Wednesday, October 7. We hope to receive a second shipment will come on Sunday, October 18. Trinity offers this fundraiser to the community to support local and global charities.
When you purchase a pumpkin from our patch
you are supporting charities.
Charities for 2020 who will received funds from the patch sales are:
Alzheimer's Assoc. of Anderson
Anderson Pregnancy Center
Cancer Assoc. of Anderson
Costa Rica Missions
Officers Christian Fellowship
Parkinson's Assoc. of Anderson
South Main Chapel & Mercy Center
Weekend Snackpack Program.
Since our patch began in 2003, more than $230,000 dollars has been donated to charities.
Admission to the patch is free. Pumpkins range in price from fifty cents to $55 (for the huge ones!). Every penny of our profit from the pumpkin sales goes to charity. We thank everyone for their support.
The pumpkins come from an organization called Pumpkins USA. It is a fundraising organization that partners with the Navajo Indians in New Mexico. They grow and load the pumpkins onto trucks that deliver them to us. This organization sets the prices for the pumpkins. We do not have the option to discount the prices. If we did, we would be shortchanging the amount that we give to the charities that were selected to receive funds as well as the amount sent to Pumpkins USA to cover the labor costs, shipping, and administrative costs. The more pumpkins sold, the more we get to keep for the charities and Trinity does not keep a penny of it. If we sell over $30,000 for example, we get to keep 40% for the charities.
CHANGES TO THE PATCH THIS YEAR
(includes but not limited to the following)
- VOLUNTEERS AND GUESTS WILL WEAR MASKS
- A LIMITED NUMBER OF GUESTS WILL BE ALLOWED IN AT ONE TIME
- A TAKE A NUMBER SYSTEM WILL BE USED TO ALLOW GUESTS TO ENTER AS OTHERS LEAVE
- FIELD TRIPS WILL NOT BE OFFERED
- THERE WILL BE ONE ENTRANCE AND ONE EXIT - A ONE-WAY WALK THROUGH THE PATCH
- HOURS ARE SHORTENED (SEE ABOVE) BUT PERSONS WITH HIGHER RISK MAY CALL AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT (864-617-8789)
- GUESTS MAY EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org TO PLACE AN ORDER AND MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO PICK IT UP WITHOUT ENTERING THE PATCH
- WE WILL HAVE THE PHOTOSHOOT AREA SO BRING YOUR CAMERA TO TAKE FAMILY PICTURES
- WE WILL NOT HAVE THE CHURCH PICNIC, CHICKEN BBQ, OR BLUEGRASS BAND
- WE WILL HAVE HAND SANITIZER AT THE ENTRANCE